Our Top Pick for Invoicing Software: BlinkSale.com
- Your invoices can be sent out immediately electronically, right to the recipient’s Inbox. Getting the invoice to them sooner translates to this important factor: the sooner they receive it, the sooner you are likely to get paid. Good incentive, right?
- Paperless software not only allows you to send out the invoices with the click of a button, it makes it easy to add a customized note to particular customers, or to include an upcoming sale or event you’re sure will be of interest to that customer.
- Your record keeping will be easier because you will have an easy, organized way to see when invoices went out; which ones need reminders and some software even let’s you send out reminders automatically.
- Invoicing software allows you to inform your customers as to how they can pay the invoice electronically (your bank or account info, so they can pay directly without you needing to wait for a check in the mail) If they’re a regular/monthly customer, setting up automatic payments is a breeze with invoicing software.
- You’re actively participating in the “green” movement by reducing the carbon footprint of overuse of paper, mailing expenses (not just postage, but the manpower, gas & energy involved in mailing out invoices & getting checks back in the mail). Going Green = Good Work!
- Using invoicing software gives your customers the perception that your company is innovative and on the cutting edge of the latest technology, and it’s true!
- You can, in essence, see at a glance what each of your customers is spending with your company, how often, what products and when. This is yet another excellent way to increase your knowledge base about your customers’ habits and needs, and should be cross-applied to your database of customer information in order to help you most effectively target them; thus strengthening your relationship with them that much more.
- Run a periodic “Consumer Feedback” campaign via your invoicing software. In other words, do some piggybacking. For example, once in awhile, include a message requesting feedback or suggestions right there in the Invoice Memo Notes section. This may help you with your upcoming strategy planning. Equally as important, it’s potentially motivation to get paid that much sooner! Using your invoices in this manner is, in essence, a more personalized, interactive expansion of social media, right? It’s simply one more method of creating mutual communication with customers, and strengthening customer loyalty as they have yet another opportunity to see that you really care what they think.
Invoicing software should be a key factor in your business strategy, for all of the reasons listed above (some more than others). Without proper planning, observance of consumer purchasing trends, tracking their needs, habits and feedback, it can be challenging to adequately keep your business strategy on track. Maximizing your use of such software can also be an incredibly effective means of doing a bit of future projection of trends, which may assist your company’s R & D department in staying ahead of the competition.
Perhaps the only remaining question is, what are you waiting for? Give a few of the best versions a free trial run (many offer you this opportunity) and get going. It can help you save lots of time and money, and isn’t that one of every businessperson’s key desires?
Already use invoicing software? What brand do you use and can you recommend it?